inspiration

 
 
One of mr digandweed's favourite sayings is
 
' Each day is a blank page, without spot or blemish'
 
 With that thought in mind, I have never been one for making New Year's resolutions, preferring to think I can start again next day, if for some reason I've messed up the day I am in!
 
However, a new year is a lovely opportunity to look forward and think of things I may want to do or achieve.
 
And so -
this year I have decided to get out my knitting needles.
 
I've been inspired by a number of the lovely blogs I read ( see celia, stephanie, sue) and the beautiful, knitted items they create ...and by my own youngest daughter.

Last year, I popped a crochet hook and a ball of wool into said daughter's Christmas stocking thinking it was something she might like to learn.
With the aid of You tube and a helpful lady in the wool department of her local John Lewis, she taught herself and this year I received a beautiful cowl as a Christmas present.

 
 
 
But for my part, knitting ( or crochet) and I have never got on that well in the past!

I love to browse beautiful wool shops and gaze at the textures and colours, but, if I am truthful, I am always worried that after spending considerable money and time I may end up with something that doesn't fit/suit me/look right.

But I am going to start small !



I have had this wool for some time now, bought for a project which is a faded memory.

But I love the colour and texture, reminiscent of heather moors and I am going to turn it into something warm and cosy to wear should I ever find myself on such a windswept moor!

I will keep you posted!
 
 

 
 


Comments

  1. What a lovely cowl she made you. I love the colour of your wool and look forward to seeing the outcome :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope my project turns out ok!

      Delete
  2. What a truly beautiful gift, just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you, lovely lady! To be honest if you are gazing and stroking the yarn in knitting shops, well, you are halfway there! I started knitting four years ago and I truly believe that I have spent almost as much time UNknitting as knitting. Mistakes is part of the fun in a way; each time I unravel something I tell myself it will be better the second (or third) time round!

    Have fun with that beautiful yarn and, when you are stuck, there are loads of youtube videos to help you. My personal favourite is VerPinkKnits. Her videos cover most techniques and are simple and very straightforward to follow.

    See you soon!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouraging words. They made me smile! I will certainly check out VerPinkKnits. x

      Delete
  4. Best of luck with your knitting project. The cowl that your daughter made is really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cowl is beautiful and I love the colour of your yarn.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment