energy boost

 
 
It was whilst on the internet the other day, hopping and skipping from one blog to another, that I came across an intriguing recipe for raw brownies on a beautifully photographed blog called My New Roots.
 
 
It seemed to me that the recipe, stuffed full of dates, walnuts and almonds would give a much needed energy boost on these grey January days.
 
Not to mention being a good way to use those leftover Christmas nuts.
 
 
There is a lot of talk at the moment about the health benefits of a totally raw diet and I am sure that there is a lot to be said for it, after all, a diet of mostly fruit, vegetables, seeds and nuts has to be good.
Not that I am about to embrace such a diet. In this cold weather, I think I would find giving up a comforting bowl of soup or a warming jacket potato particularly difficult.
 
However, if you are looking for an easy recipe, with no saturated fat or refined sugar but which is delicious and satisfying, then this is for you!
 


 
 
Easy peasy to do if you have a food processor, the recipe produces a dense, sticky, flavoursome treat which is not overly sweet ( although I have to admit, I did miss the contrast between crisp top and gooey middle which characterises a good brownie)
 
And I just had to show you one of my Christmas presents from lovely daughter, the elder and her husband who know that I have a thing for vintage and retro kitchenalia -
 
a very pretty little liqueur glass with a lovely message inscribed on it!
 

 





 
 


Comments

  1. Raw brownies - who'd have thought it! But they do look very good, and not at all healthy. The other blog looks interesting too - thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look amazing. I would like to try one! Lovely gift from your daughter, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment