the sound of sawing

 
 
....and hammering can be heard.
 
Mr digandweed is busy with a plan.
 All will be revealed soon.
 
 
Meanwhile, yesterday full of optimism ( and having checked the forecast ), I carefully transported these down to the allotment ...
 

 
 
...climbing French beans, butternut squash and celeriac plants,
which I then carefully planted in the prepared beds.
All was well.
 
But in the night we awoke to the sound of a huge thunder and hailstorm. Mounds of hail were still on the ground in the morning.
After a cup of tea to fortify myself, I rushed down to the allotment to inspect the damage. My little plants were battered but not done for!
 
Today has been a day of biting winds interspersed with more hail. Ah, the British summer!
 
 


Comments

  1. I will keep my fingers crossed that your little plants make a full recovery and lead a very productive life. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm re-reading 'Idle Women' by Susan Woolfitt, her recollections of working on canal boats transporting goods during WW2. During a particularly changeable spell of weather she remarks that the English weather is very versatile! We never know what it's going to throw at us next, do we?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment