plotting and planning

 
 
Apart from the leeks and parsnips, the allotment is looking a bit bare....
 
 
 
 
 




 Time, I think, for some plotting and planning.


allotment plan 2013 
 

  • the blue rectangles represent the raised beds and show what I will grow where to ensure good crop rotation.
  • the 'splodges' down the right hand side are fruit bushes - blackcurrant, gooseberry and rhubarb.
  • the 'splodge' at the top is a dwarf plum tree
  • the strawberries are already planted out into the new raised beds
  • potatoes - I think along with favourites Charlotte, I will try a more unusual variety such as Pink Fir
  • After the success  of the butternut squash, I might try varieties like Munchkin and Harlequin
  Some veggies such as potatoes, green beans and squash are favourites/must-haves, but I have gaps in the above plan for new varieties to try for 2013. I might give chard and celeriac a go.
 
Does anyone else have any must-have varieties which they grow each year?
 
     
 
 



Comments

  1. What a beautifully kept allotment you have. I have four raised veg beds in my garden and always have beetroot and/or garlic planted somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Gina, but also always like to grow climbing French beans, although this year they lost the battle against the slugs and snails!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment